The first volume of Vitamin P, published in 2002, inaugurated a vibrant period for painting. Since its publication, a whole new generation of painters has emerged, some inspired by the artists who appeared in that book, others taking cues from new sources. Vitamin P2 introduces this new wave of painters to the world.
The vast medium of painting continues to be a central pillar of artistic practice, and Vitamin P2 presents the outstanding artists who are currently engaging with and pushing the boundaries of the medium. Over 80 international critics, artists and curators have nominated the 115 artists who have made a fresh, unique or innovative contribution to recent painting. All of the artists in Vitamin P2 have recently emerged onto the international scene, and none appeared in the first Vitamin P.
An introduction by Barry Schwabsky, who also wrote the introduction for Vitamin P, provides a broad overview of recent developments in the medium while also looking towards its future.
- A dynamic overview of the best new contemporary painting from around the world
- Features the work of 115 artists working internationally who have been nominated by highly respected critics and curators for their outstanding contributions to recent painting
- Over 500 images depict the incredible richness and variety of the medium
- Introduction by Barry Schwabsky, London-based writer, Art Critic for The Nation and International Reviews Editor for Artforum
- Both a reference book for the art world and an accesible introduction for newcomers to the scene