Quarterly Journal Volume 36 Number 2 – Summer 1998.In its various incarnations, Art & Australia has enjoyed a long and rich history as Australia’s premier art journal. The magazine continues to evolve, focusing now on the latest developments in Australian and international contemporary art, and on encouraging emerging artists. The quarterly publication approaches art in innovative and daring ways, continuing to seek the highest quality writers and reproduction values, while retaining a respect for traditional art history.
This quarterly features:
– Revolutions – Forms that turn: Carolyn Christov-Bakargiev in conversation with Russell Storer
– Spherical and Without Exits: thoughts on William Kentridge’s anamorphic film What Will Come (Has Already Come) by Jane Taylor
– Artist pages by William Kentridge
– Conceptual Artist Meets Girl: Stuart Ringholt and the art of self-improvement by Sarah Tutton
– Michael Rakowitz and the tactics of being in-between and everywhere else by Hannah Feldmann
-Vernon Ah Kee: rainforest surfer by Robert Leonard